YOU HAVE VALUE! Don’t EVER Forget This! This inspiring speech will remind...
Accomplished Entrepreneurial Technology Executive, Stanford Innovation & Entrepreneurship Certificate
An accomplished and results-driven Technology Executive with an entrepreneurial flair, 15 years’ experience in roles of increasing responsibility and substantial success in directing global cross-platform technology solutions in the financial services sector. Provides clear direction, anticipates future technology needs and applies an analytical approach to solve complex problems. Develops and inspires cross-functional teams to success, drives collaboration at team and organizational level and cultivates trusted relationships with key stakeholders including C-level Executives. Manages ambiguity effectively and is committed to operational excellence.
In this role I report to the Senior Director, serve on the Global Product Engagement Leadership Team and lead the development of a global system whose purpose is to define and enable the future of end-to-end product development and to support over 30 contributing personas including Product Managers and Developers, Program Managers, Scrum Masters, Designers, Legal, Finance, Product Launch, Go-to-Market, and Executive Leadership.
My achievements include:
- Spearheaded the development of tooling capabilities to provide flexibility for different development methodologies and
- Presented to the PDLC Tooling Ecosystem Steering Committee comprising the CTO and VPs of key business units.
- Led a Management Technologies organization consisting of a Product Team and an Engineering Team.
- Promoted cross-functional collaboration across product domains and geographies, defined the future product
development approach as well as the ecosystem shape, capabilities, flexibility and automation and maintained a
seamless balance between the PDLC and SDLC.
As Chief of Staff and member of the Regional Engagement and Planning Leadership Team I led numerous cross-functional strategic initiatives.
My achievements included:
- Served as Portfolio Manager for ‘Voice of the Customer’ initiatives in EMEA, APAC and the Americas.
- Directed the Global Consumer and Merchant Segmentation Program.
- Played the role of Architect/Product/Engineering for the consolidated status reporting and global launch calendar, a web application that enables the PMO and launch organizations to communicate on the progress and launch of Company global product portfolios.
In this position, I leveraged my extensive global experience in engineering, product, integrations, entrepreneurship and management.
My achievements included:
- Led the full cycle, from development to go-to-market.
- Successfully delivered the largest payment solution of the biggest global payment company:
PayPal for Marketplaces goes live: https://www.paypal.com/stories/us/introducing-paypal-for-marketplaces
I successfully completed the four-rotation Technology Leadership Program, whose purpose is to develop next-generation technology leaders.
Product Manager B2C, Financial Services Next Gen Wallet, San Francisco, San Jose, CA (Jul 2016 - Jan 2017)
Technical Program Manager, Improve the Availability of PayPal, San Jose, CA (Jan 2016 - Jul 2016)
Program Manager, eBay/PayPal Separation San Jose, CA (Jul 2015 - Jan 2016)
Product Manager, Bank-To-Bank Payments, Berlin, Germany (Jan 2015 - Jul 2015)
Dear George, Congratulations! You've been selected to receive a special recognition of your skills, talents and contributions, which are essential to our success. As Customer Champions, everything we do touches peoples’ lives every day. You are an important part of a company that creates opportunity for millions of people around the world and we wanted to make sure you knew just how much we value your contributions. With your commitment, we’ll continue to build on our success through the next chapter of our amazing story. Thank you
In 2015 George successfully completed two challenging rotations: helping launch Automated Gross Settlement function in Berlin, Germany and implementing a key part of our separation from eBay in San Jose, California. During 2016 George will continue his journey as a technology leader, contributing to GPI in the role of “Technology Operations Execution and Engagement Excellence” with a focus on PayPal’s top priority APS (Availability, Performance, Scale) program. He is preparing himself for leadership in the intersection of technology, business and product with an eye toward leading high performing teams. Having more than 15 years of progressively responsible positions experience in the IT sector on an international level and deep technical understanding George is a strong technology leader embodying PayPal leadership behaviors being seen as a genuine ‘people’ person highly regarded by the teams for his work ethics and attitude. Thanks to his strong interpersonal skills and experience living and working in multiple countries, George is a world-class team player. He always demonstrates a very positive can-do attitude, and will get it DONE, no matter how difficult the situations may be.
George, Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in PayPal’s global Technology Leadership Program (TLP). You were selected because you demonstrated exceptional technology acumen, the capacity to deal with ambiguity, exemplary leadership/followership, the ability to rapidly learn new things, and perseverance. This is a phenomenal achievement.
Dear George, Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a Critical Talent Award. These awards are given to a small number of exceptional people whose skills, talents and contributions are essential to our success. Your contribution is highly valued and you are an important part of a company that creates opportunity for millions of people around the world. With your commitment, we'll continue to build on our success in 2014 and beyond.
Dear colleagues, I am always delighted when a promotion time comes along as it is a wonderful opportunity to recognise some of our colleagues in EMEA who have performed extremely well and who are given the opportunity to undertake more senior roles in our company. Being promoted is rarely easy in any company, but all individuals listed below demonstrate that with hard work, talent and application it is possible to be recognised in this way : ************************************ George MOROSAN - Technology - France ************************************
Goal: eBay/PayPal separation (San Jose, USA)
In my second rotation of the “Technology Leadership Program” I had the role of a program manager and managed several work streams related to the PayPal/eBay separation – PayPal separation is one of the largest and fastest divestitures in history, within nine-months eBay Inc. divested PayPal in a tax-free split with both SEC and ECB approval.
Working on a daily basis with VP level executives my role was covering those aspects:
- Support cross business management and execution of complex TSAs (Transitional Service Agreements ) including transfer of payment platforms alongside developing and executing a go-forward data center strategy
- Establish the foundation for a strong partnership with PayPal’s leading merchant partner through refining communication channels, co-development and supporting the development of Relationship Managers.
Goal: Business Solutions (Berlin, Germany)
During my first rotation of the "Technology Leadership Program" I was operating as a product manager in PayPal’s business unit in Berlin, Germany. My goal was to deliver two main products:
- The development & launch of a new product that will allow to connect all the public sector in Germany, groceries in France and some government entities in Turkey to PayPal’s payment services. The product was successfully launched enabling PayPal to acquire big & strategic merchants, addressing a several hundred million euro's market. Since July 2015 PayPal has been supporting different public entities in Germany. One important reference related to this project is Ikea - we started to work with them using this product.
- Research and deliver a new payment method (bank to bank payments) under the PayPal payments local e-wallet. Starting with the market analysis, going through consumer driven innovation steps, interviewing merchants, building the business case, defining the technical solution & managing the vendors I successfully delivered the business project to PayPal’s German Steer Co.
- Facilitation of large contracts negotiation (banks, telcos, airlines, e-commerce);
- Track of remote team’s recruitment, training and supervision (Managing 4 sales engineers based in Stockholm, Istanbul, Warsaw and Moscow);
- Contributed to the PayPal entrance to Russia (launched top e-commerce websites);
- Training of basic and advanced products;
- Integration of products at the level of big corporations, financial institutions, other strategic clients;
- Field work with main clients in negotiating business development;
- Contribute to the development of the business on the market in Russia: online sales, financial services to end users, technical integration, supervision of the entire process, testing and launching of the new product;
- Continuous training, learning and participation in big projects.
- Working with PayPal teams in CEMEA;
- Support to the Large Merchant Sales teams in Russia, Central and Eastern Europe and Scandinavia countries to acquire new customers for PayPal’s online payments products and services for large merchants or channel partners;
- Advise on technical issues of business development and training for IT specialists regarding technical part of the work;
- Validating and integration of sales products, technical assistance in up-to-date IT technologies and on-line finance;
- Deliver trainings for local clients;
- Explore on new options in innovations and development of new areas of business
- Created and promoted online businesses (e-commerce websites, online communities, etc)
- Consulted companies
- Implemented web marketing solutions (SEO, SMO, PPC, Analytics, Lead Generation)
- Business processes automation (Intranet, Extranet, SAAS)
- Worked with about 15 clients
- Developed two complex ERP systems
- Positioned clients websites on Google first search page on a highly competitive niche
- Managed developers, designers and text writers teams
Goal: Improve PayPal's availability (San Jose, USA)
During my third rotation of the “Technology Leadership Program” I had the role of a Technical Program Manager and was working on several top priority assignments closely monitored by VP level executives including C-level stakeholders.
Being a part of the Global Technology Operations department I was running a program having the goal to improve PayPal’s availability, this effort was a 911 project for the whole company.
My role was to put great minds together and support them to deliver impactful results in a very short amount of time.
Today, as a result of series of combined actions across the company, PayPal’s availability is equal to the company defined expectations.
In the meantime I had the very unique opportunity to support two other C-level programs:
1. Six sigma availabity audit (requested by the CTO) working with an external company that executed an availability related audit and successfully presented their findings.
2. KRI indicators/frameworks/scorecards – several InfoSec initiatives requested by the CISO; was working closely on availability related risk definitions, controls and mitigations.
Goal: Financial Services Next Gen Wallet (San Francisco/San Jose, USA)
Responsible for the management of assigned products including market research; financial analysis; product planning, development and implementation; and coordination of sales and marketing strategies, objectives and programs.
- Advised the company on developing a Corporate Website which became the main lead generator for the company
- Managed the company contracted to develop the website
- Promoted and positioned the website with search engines (SEO) in several countries in different languages (French, English, German, Italian, Spanish). Used free and paid website positioning (managing large budgets in Google Adwords)
- Cooperated closely with Google
- Managed website promotion through social networks (Linkedin, Viadeo, etc)
- Developed web marketing applications and their integration with CRM systems (Salesforce.com)
- Trained local and remote colleagues in web marketing (15 persons)
- Provided web marketing support for 10 marketing departments worldwide
- Introduced a corporate blog for international adverse communication between branches and departments
- Counselled on the use and implementation of web applications (company forum, customer support software, etc)
- Performed management process configuration of the web applications (test and production servers, synchronization, data backup, access rights, etc)
- Managed a team of 8 developers
- Administred the industrialization of developing web applications (Intranet, Extranet websites, big e-commerce websites)
- Was responsible for developers recruitment and training
- Introduced automation elements and techniques. Increased efficiency and transparency by 50%.
- Prepared technical documentation
- Performed planning, allocation and tracking of tasks
- Developed and implemented programs allowing the management to see the status (busy, performance) at the level of the company which increased deadlines meeting by 50% on average.
- Developed the Enterprise Information System
- Business Processes Automation
- Designed and developed web applications for technical data storage
- Customer service automation: developed and implemented a CRM system
- Suppliers automation: developed automatic information exchange
- Developed and implemented Document Management Systems
- Factory automation
- Accounting processes automation
- Developed information systems in the form of an intranet site for local use as well as an extranet modules for remote locations
- Developed and implemented E-commerce modules of the Corporate Website
- Got promoted to a Head of Research And Development Department in 18 months
Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Develop a strong technology strategy, Staffing, Coaching, Develop talented high-performance teams, Problem solving, Develop budgets, Coordination, Strategic planning, Quality management, Balance specialization and cross-functional expertise, Risk arbiter, Build strong working relationships, Understand complex business problems, Able to market IT to the business, Business development, Product development, Program management, Information architecture, Solution architecture, Software engineering, Presales, Integration.
E-commerce, Web Applications, Mobile Devices, Analytics, CRM, SaaS, Integration, E-business, Software Development, Web Development, PHP, Mobile Applications, Web Project Management, ITIL Certified, Web Hosting, Project Planning, Task Management, Software Engineering, Web Services, Web Analytics, Salesforce.com, Enterprise Software, MySQL, Web Marketing, Shopping Cart, PSP, CMS, Training, Scrum, Agile Methodologies, SQL, XML, Database Design, Strategy, Product Management, User Experience, Lead Generation, Pre-sales, Agile Project Management, Management, Program Management, Mobile Payments, Product Development, Start-ups, Mobile Commerce, Software Project Management, Information Architecture, Solution Architecture, Project Management, Payments, SEO, SMM, Webmarketing
Product lifecycle management, Idea to Product to Market, Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship, Mobile commerce, Mobile payments, Web/Mobile Innovation & Technologies, Starting and building a high-growth business, Public speaking, Exploring places and cultures, Bodybuilding, Martial arts, Smart personal finance management, Building tools for better decision make
I am fluent in four languages (English, French, Russian and Romanian) and have no problems in settling in another country should this be required for job/business purposes.
I've known George for years. He's a very passionate person, who just can't sleep till everyhing top notch! His dedication to details, his system approach to problems, and his wise advices - I wish I could work with him more often! I stongly recommend George as an employee, or as a partner - he'll always do his best for success!
YOU HAVE VALUE! Don’t EVER Forget This! This inspiring speech will remind...
One of the most inspiring commencement speeches, told by Steve Gross. What...
An Inspiring Speech About Optimism, Overcoming Obstacles and Creating Your Own Happiness...