• Create/improve the enabling environment for development and implementation of Adolescents and youth ASRH policies and programs.
• To build national and regional capacity to develop sexual and reproductive health policies, programs and strategies.
• To foster the documentation and dissemination of best practices on SRH for advocacy, policy and program development, monitoring and evaluation.
• Build organizational capacity and reflect the communities they serve and prioritize communities most affected by environmental degradation.
• Increase the visibility of ACAN as an advocacy Network at local and national levels.
• Engage in community organizing, advocacy and public policy efforts
• Equity -We strive to promote and address equity and Inclusion of all groups of persons in all our endeavors in pursuing our goals.
• Transparency and Integrity –We value and promote honesty, Transparency, Integrity and efficiency in our work and responsibilities to our clients.
• Team Work -We are committed to quality and broad participation and collaboration with other like – minded Individuals or organizations as well as colludes responsible.
• Dignity and Rights of Others- We attach value to the dignity and rights of every human being regards of age, gender, religion, ethnicity, and race.
WHERE WE WORK
We touch and positively Influence the lives of young people, women and the vulnerable population of The North rift &western region and the also target kenya as a country and africa as a continent.
LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
ACAN-Kenya Currently has 30 youths volunteering staff who are involved in daily Implementation of projects. Under the leadership of its Chief Executive Officer –
Mrs.: EMILY KIRWOK the organization is being managed by 7 capable, youthful and motivated departmental officers
There exists a board of trusties of high quality professionals that provides technical and advisory services to the organization.Specific projects are implemented and managed by a project Management Unit (PMU). This unit ensures resource mobilization and planning of programs to the outside community.
Our Key Priority Areas
• Environment ,sustainability and peace
• Theater and Arts
• Livelihood Support, entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment.
Information technology &A Agriculture